Tuesday, December 22, 2015

on calling somewhere home.



happy first-day-of-winter

I've thought a lot about starting a new blog in the last year. Many times, I feel somewhat self-conscious over the blog name "siddathornton," because I feel like it is a made-up word that isn't exactly natural. In addition, over the last couple of years, I have fallen completely in love with camellias, and I have come up with a few blog names that follow that theme, that I actually really like. 

Every time I try to "make the switch," though, I hesitate. 

This blog has been my home for four-and-a-half years so far. There are some very fond memories that are attached to this blog. And I don't want to let go of them. In fact, some of my most favorite blogs over the years have "re-branded" themselves - some more than once - and I always feel a little bit sad when they make that choice. 

Call me a sentimentalist, but I find something very comforting about consistency, even loyalty, when it comes to our blogger-homes. I've come to identify with the name "siddathornton," and I like to think that it has become a part of me. 

For that reason, I feel - at this moment - that I will never (hopefully) change the name under which I blog. Sure, this space has been quite the fluid representation of myself, but it has always retained the same essence. For now, that is what I cling to, what I call home here on the vast internet. 

As far as hosting, however, I am singing a different tune. I am seeking something other than Blogger, and I would love any suggestions you have for me. WordPress? Weebly? Squarespace? What should I do?

No comments:

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...