Sunday, October 4, 2015

the sunday currently, volume 109.



a photo of the ontario house from january
because i am missing the ontario house right now

Good morning! It's been a relatively productive weekend over here at the C Residence, and for me, that means that a lot of statistics studying has happened (with more to come later today). This week will be a busy one, but I'm ready for it! I'm just taking one day at a time, and little by little, the semester is going right on by. Here's to a productive week!

On this school work Sunday, I am currently...

reading formulas, word problems, and study guides (oh my?) for my statistics test that's coming up this week. It feels good to be tackling it little by little, and not getting too discouraged. It helps a lot to have classmates to bounce ideas off of. I still haven't finished reading Go Set A Watchman, but this week, I was thinking about re-instating reading before bed - a book, that is. Lately, I read Reddit every night before bed, but maybe even switching between reading a book and reading Reddit every other night would be better. I miss reading books. I have the time to read a little bit every night, but I've become completely addicted to perusing the Ask Reddit threads, & it's a hard habit to break. I think a compromise is the best answer in this scenario. 
writing a huge answer to reading, apparently. Get a load of that thing! 
listening to football games. It's so calming and grounding for me. It actually reminds me of spending the night at my grandparents' house. We would take baths before bed, and when we still had that glorious post-bath, squeaky-clean feeling, we would lay on the couch and fall asleep to whistles blown and crowds yelling. That has to be one of my favorite, most simple childhood memories.
thinking about the fleeting quality of this life we are living. I try not to think too hard on this too often, because it certainly is heavy, but it also makes me cherish life more. I am thankful.
smelling not much of anything. In addition to some pretty wicked allergies this year, I've also fallen sick over the last week, like a large proportion (ha - there's the statistics talking) of my classmates. With Hurricane Joaquin, the weather has been weird, bringing on sickness and lethargy. BUT I am feeling much better today, thanks to medicine, hydration, and rest. I'm on the mend, I think.
wishing I had a little more time (and motivation) to decorate my house for Halloween. I love Halloween and the decorations that go along with it. Maybe next year?
hoping I can keep my cool this week and not feel too stressed out. That is something I'm always working on - managing my stress levels. I have to say - I've improved a lot since last year, but there is definitely still room to get better. And, by the way, I think blogging helps me in that regard, by keeping everything in perspective. 
wearing boots! With the crazy weather and slightly cooler temperatures, I've felt justified in donning one of my very favorite fall fashion staples. There's nothing more cozy than wearing boots, jeans, and a pullover sweater. It makes everything that much better!
loving all of the people I've met on this OT school journey thus far. I'm glad we still have some time left together in our program, because they truly are good people that I am honored to know.
wanting to focus on enjoying school this week. It's all about the journey, right?
needing to drink more water this week. I would love to see some statistics on how many times in TSC's history that I have answered this question in this way.
feeling happy. Thankful. Comfortable. Cozy. Calm. Collected. Grateful. Warm.
clicking nothing lately. Hoping to read some blogs later this week!

Happy, happy Sunday! I wish you all a relaxing, productive, rewarding week ahead. 

--
siddathornton through the years:
2012* | 2011

*one of my favorite posts

What are you doing? Link up and share below!


No comments:

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...