Monday, August 17, 2015

the sunday currently, volume 102 | "the monday currently."



when in wyoming

[*Editor's Note: This is the very first edition of The Sunday Currently that is being published on Monday. What can I say? Life happens. See the bottom of this post for additional information on all future editions of TSC.]

Greetings from Shreveport! I know in last week's post, I said I would be coming to you from Wyoming, but we were having such a great time, I refrained from blogging. I did, however, write a few recaps in my journal while we were there, so I will be combing through those later this week to decide what to share here. For now, though, I will say this: Wyoming is absolutely beautiful, and I look forward to going back one day.

I arrived in Shreveport late Friday night, and I've stayed busy since then, with a trip over to Natchitoches on Saturday, as well as a visit to the Gem and Mineral Show yesterday. It feels great to be here, and I'm greatly looking forward to all the adventures that lie ahead for the rest of my stay.

On this Monday edition of The Sunday Currently, I am currently...

reading Go Set A Watchman, by Harper Lee. I was unaware of the controversy until my mom told me about it two days ago.
writing in my Filofax and my Moleskine journal.
listening to the Mates of State Pandora station while I'm in Shreveport. Ever since May 2013, it's become a Shreveport tradition that I look forward to every time I visit. Right now, "Heart It Races," by Dr. Dog, is playing. I love this song, and it reminds me of some wonderful years that I spent here in my hometown.
thinking that I'm so happy to be in Shreveport right now! I love being here to spend time with my parents.
smelling the caramel Starbucks K-cup I just brewed. And the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin lotion from Bath and Body Works that I slathered on a few minutes ago.
wishing I would have gotten up this early for all of the days we spent in Wyoming. It's currently 7:08 a.m., and I've been up now for about 30 minutes. In a little while, I plan to go for a run before getting ready for the day. When fall semester starts back up (a week from today, actually), I plan to be rising at 6:00 a.m. every morning. I've been working on my schedule for the semester, and I'm looking forward to getting into the groove. I am planning to begin training for my first triathlon soon, so I'm going to have to exhibit some discipline with my training schedule. Let the fun begin!
hoping to order my Travelers Notebook soon. I can't stop thinking about it. I will probably share my set-up once I order it and get settled into it.
wearing my already-beloved Jackson Hole t-shirt. I've worn it every day since we got it during our stay there (which I already miss).
loving that we took a day trip to Natchitoches on Saturday. I am already grappling with how to put my thoughts on the trip into words, but I may try to put both literal and figurative pen to paper about it soon. I will probably share it here, too.
wanting to drink my coffee soon. And also, to listen to the mix tape CDs from a few years ago, today. I'm pretty excited about the latter, actually. I found them in a box of old stuff (including my gymnastics trophies) that my dad had me go through last night.
needing a workout and a shower. Both of those things are coming, respectively, after this blog post is written and published.
feeling content. And happy - so happy - that I woke up early this morning. And suddenly lonesome for our cozy Wilmington apartment. And suddenly excited for whatever becomes our house once I have graduated school.
clicking The Sunday Secrets this morning. I didn't read them last week, which I regret. They have become part of my weekly routine, and I don't like to skip them! Also clicking? The Chic Sparrow website, because I'm pretty sure a purchase is in my future...

pssst: last week I talked about how there were going to be some changes to The Sunday Currently as we move forward. Here they are:

1) The Sunday Currently has its own Twitter account! Follow here to be alerted when a new TSC post has gone live, as well as to see your name "in lights" each week as I tweet out the twitter handles of all participants.

2) Each following edition of The Sunday Currently will be published by 10:00 a.m. eastern time.

3) Those who link up with The Sunday Currently will be shouted out on TSC's twitter account the following Tuesday, throughout the day. If you would like your twitter handle included, make sure it is easily accessible from your blog. I will search for about 2 minutes, then I will give up. True story.

That's all for now, folks. As always, thank you for linking up and carrying on TSC's tradition!

What are you doing? Link up and share below.

No comments:

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...