Saturday, August 1, 2015

a mid-summer currently.

summer semester is over - let freedom ring

Today I am experiencing a huge pull to write again (and the logistics of my new blog have yet to be sorted out), and I thought I would scrawl out a quick little currently post. As some of you may know, I used to host a link-up called The Sunday Currently, where I shared what was going on in my life each week. Rather than try to write a from-scratch post today, I thought I would revert back to this old familiar favorite of mine. 

So, on this mid-summer day, I am currently...

READING nothing at this exact moment. If you would have asked me a couple of days ago, I would have told you all about the study guides I was reading in preparation for my final exams, but as it happens, those are now complete, and I am in this weird limbo land where I have nothing to do. I plan to start reading Go Set A Watchman, by Harper Lee, which my classmate Jessica has loaned out to me. I greatly enjoyed To Kill A Mockingbird, so I am looking forward to this new sampling of Lee's work.
WRITING is something that I need in my life. I have said this many times before, but it is ringing especially true this morning (or, well, afternoon). I find that every time I experience a major life event, I am pulled back to this space, and that is how I know that I a meant to continue blogging. 
LISTENING to the whir and clink of our ceiling fan, the stirrings of Tahoe every once in a while as she naps, as well as Justin as we discuss bill-paying and finances. Standard Saturday business around here.
THINKING that life is short, but sweet. I found out last night that a dear family pet has passed away, and though I am extremely sad over it, I know that she had a wonderful, full life. I will always miss her, and I am profoundly sad that she will not be there to greet me when I go home to Shreveport in August.
SMELLING like Cactus Verde lately, which is a perfume that I picked up in Anthropologie when we  visited Charleston in May. I love it.
WISHING I had gotten up early this morning, but I had a late night with friends, which is always worth it.
HOPING for a productive rest of the day, rest of the weekend, and entire next week! Soon, we jet off to Wyoming for a much-needed vacation, and I can't wait. And then, it's off to Shreveport.
WEARING scarves like it's my job. I think the summer scarf is an oft-forgotten and underestimated comfort.
LOVING my life and all of the people and animals in it. I take nothing for granted. I feel very, very lucky and blessed to be living this life. I am content, I am overjoyed. I am thankful.
WANTING something good for lunch. I wonder what we will end up feasting on? An afternoon pot of coffee wouldn't be too bad, either.
NEEDING a long, hot shower. I find that they are restorative and good for the soul. I need that today. Perhaps after my afternoon run and long walk with Tahoe?
FEELING nostalgic, emotional, sad, happy, and relieved all at the same time. 
CLICKING Lush's website a lot lately, filling my cart with wonderful bath goodies I hope to someday purchase, as well as Teavana's site, for the same - albeit tea-related - purposes. 

What are you doing? I know we haven't spoken in quite some time, but I would love to hear from you. I hope you all have a wonderful, safe, relaxing, productive weekend. 

1 comment:

Crystal said...

It's great to hear from you! :) I'm sorry to hear about your family pet. That's always a hard thing to go through.

Have fun in Wyoming!

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...