Monday, December 29, 2014

review | joy to the world, by scott hahn.

Hello, blog. It's been a while. I will soon be posting more regularly, but, in the interim, here's a short snippet of a review on a book I have recently read.

-----

Not long ago, I stumbled upon a blog post about Blogging For Books. Naturally, I was intrigued.

My first book selection is Joy to the World, by Scott Hahn. I chose this book back in October, because, with the Christmas season quickly approaching,  I wanted a book that really got me into the Christmas spirit, while also taking on the role of educating me a little bit more in the scripture surrounding this time of year.

I couldn't have been more pleased with this book in that regard. I often have turned away from books about Christianity, not having interest in reading them. I am so glad that I read this book, as I feel that is has opened doors for me to enjoy a genre that I have been overlooking.

In all, I was pleased with this book and would recommend it to anyone looking for more knowledge surrounding the birth story of Jesus, a renewal of the Christmas Spirit, and an unexpectedly exciting read.

Have you read Joy to the World? What did you think?

PS - I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...