Monday, October 28, 2013

on looking inward.



Sometimes when I get overwhelmed, I take a few moments to meditate on the vastness of the world. I breathe in, thinking about how very small I am, amidst the chaos of the universe. I breathe out, & I let go of those things that feel like they're holding me back. I close my eyes, then open them again, seeing things in a different, simpler light. 

Our problems are so small in the scheme of things, so insignificant compared with the enormity of the world. And to me, that is a big comfort.

That thought allows me to look inward & concentrate on being the best I, myself can be at any given moment. In times when I feel as though I lack any & all power, I have power over myself. I have power over my emotions, over my feelings, over how I choose to view things. I have power over how I present myself, how I react, & how I choose to treat others. And knowing that that is enough - that how I carry myself is enough - eradicates that huge weight  I try to carry around from time to time, that includes all of those negative, self-conscious feelings. 

I look inward, & I do my best.

And that is enough.

LSC

trees upon trees at hugh macrae | taken Sunday afternoon | more on instagram

5 comments:

siddathornton said...

Thank you so much. This is what I really needed right now.

siddathornton said...

Absolutely beautiful.

siddathornton said...

Great reminder! Thank you :)

siddathornton said...

Lovely, Lauren. It can be so easy to be overwhelmed by that vastness, but I think it's also so comforting to know that if we look within ourselves, we can get in touch with the power that we do have.

siddathornton said...

This is so deep, and I really love it, Lauren :) It relates to so many people, and it acts somehow as words of encouragement to :) I am currently trying to take control of Myself and life and alter a few things I want bettered in Me and this just brightened My perspective


Loads of love, SJay.
www.sweetswithfreaks.blogspot.com

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...