Friday, August 30, 2013

august 2013 love list.

As I prepare for my month-long blogging sabbatical, which will start in September & end in October, I wanted to leave you with a little post, the likes of which have been a recurring theme in my posts of yesteryear. If you read the title of the blog post, you guessed it: it's a love list! And I wanted to put one up for August, so that I could let you all know that when I'm back to hardcore blogging in October, the love lists will be back for good!

I blogged about how I was having trouble coming up with a love list for each month, but when it comes down to it, that was just laziness. There are plenty of things to love each month, & I will be sharing them towards the end of each month for the foreseeable future. 

And it's not just the rebirth of the love lists that has me excited: I've also decided to return to doing videos for these monthly favorites. I think I may have a little bit better of a filming situation now [read: no more videos on my macbook, where everything is a mirror image]. I also plan to learn how to edit videos in iMovie, something I've long had my eye on accomplishing! 

As you can see, I'm already excitedly planning post ideas & upgrades for my October return. You can look for one more non-TSC post, coming tomorrow, which will provide ways we can keep in touch while I'm absent from this space. And, of course, The Sunday Currently will be going up every Sunday at noon eastern. Those aren't going anywhere! So, come link up! 

Alright, now on to the love list. Here are the things I've been loving in this birthday month of mine...

1. Coconut Lime Breeze Fragrance Mist from Bath & Body Works.The perfect simple summer scent. 
2. Honey Sweetheart Triple Moisture Body Cream from Bath & Body Works. I stocked up on these during the sale, & I'm so glad I did [And which is a good thing, because it appears that this scent is currently unavailable. Boo.]. This cream is exactly what it says it is: moisturizing. Plus, I really like this scent.
3. Composition notebooks. I've been creating my very own custom planners, & these are the ticket.
4. Long text threads with my friends. Self-explanatory. But suffice it to say, my friends are hilarious.
5. St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer. At first I worried this was too greasy, but it's the perfect night-time moisturizer. I LOVE the texture it gives my skin.
6. Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me. I've been wearing this nearly every day. It's just so easy, &  it provides such a flattering color payoff. Not to mention the SPF & conditioning factors. This product is just an all-around win in my book.
7. Organized Jen. I've been so inspired by this girl recently! I love her attitude, her routines, her organizing... she's just a great person.
8. Home-made smoothies. Inspired in part by the girl mentioned above, Justin & I have been replacing one meal per day with these delectable treats. It's been a great way to sneak a little extra fruit into our diets.
9. My brand-new iPad. Thanks Justin, Dad, Mom, & Kara!
10. School. Even though it's stressing me out.

What have you been loving this month?

2 comments:

siddathornton said...

Ahh I love composition notebooks, too! I used to decorate them when I was little - now I'm kind of wishing I was still in school! ;) Enjoy your month, hope it's relaxing and fun! :)

♡jilly

sorelle in style

siddathornton said...

thank you so much!

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...