Tuesday, September 18, 2012

the food + the music.

two fridays ago, my mom & i went for a tasting at nottowaynot only was the food delicious,
but the four-hour drive to & from afforded us some quality music-listening time.
my favorite things to taste were the creamy corn & shrimp bisque & the garlic mashed potatoes. oh, & the tortellini, too. people have been telling me that we won't have time to eat at our reception, but i sure do hope that isn't true.

-----

here is a collection of my favorite songs from that day.

freedom at 21 [jack white]
the king & all of his men [wolf gang]
itchin' on a photograph [grouplove]
i've got friends [manchester orchestra]
i will wait [mumford & sons]
shake it out [florence & the machine]
spiralling [keane]
take a walk [passion pit]
work [jimmy eat world]

listen on grooveshark here.


photos: iphone

5 comments:

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

I'd do just about anything for amazing garlic mashed!!!! Looks so good! I'll have to chek out some of those tunes too!

Ivana said...

Sounds like an amazing day to me :) I need to take my mom for a similar trip soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

Unknown said...

I would recommend designating someone to fend off guests so you can get in a few bites at your reception. Also, have someone box up a few meals for you, so you can enjoy them later :)

xoxo,
Joelle

Ashley said...

Oh my... I love me some garlic mashed potatoes, and that tortellini looks tasty too! Sounds like you had some nice bonding time with your mom. (:

Brie Bemis @ Sophistifunk said...

it sounds like you had a great day with your mom :) and that food looks amazing!
p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.com

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...